- The Matrix-3_Axis_Digital_Compass module is designed to measure the direction and functions like to a compass.
- It utilizes the HMC5883L chip. The HMC5883L includes high-resolution HMC118X series magneto-resistive sensors plus an ASIC containing amplification, automatic degaussing strap drivers, offset cancellation, and a 12-bit ADC that enables 1° to 2° compass heading accuracy. It achieves 2 milli-gauss field resolution in ±8 gauss fields. These sensors’ solid-state construction with very low cross-axis sensitivity is designed to measure both the direction and the magnitude of Earth’s magnetic fields, from milli-gauss to 8 gauss. It has an I2C serial bus interface.
- It integrates a 3.3V power conversion IC allowing it to be powered by an external 5V power source. It can be controlled by an I2C master.
- 1° to 2° compass heading accuracy
- 2.54 mm spacing pin
- PCB Dimension(mm): 16 x 16
- Pin Description:
Pin Description SDA I2C SDA SCL I2C SCL 5V Supply Voltage 5V GND Ground