Power & Source of Big Ideas

NanoPi M1 no HDMI signal

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hello,
I have tried running debian and armbian. I can log in via ssh but I have tried two different monitors with no success.
I have tried setting different resolutions on armbian with h3disp.
on Debian xrandr I get "Can't open display"

Monitor recognises the cable being plugged in but just displays "No Signal Detected" and shuts off.

I have seen some people having similar problems but one of them could boot into armbian which i can not.
Bilaz wrote:
Hello,
I have tried running debian and armbian. I can log in via ssh but I have tried two different monitors with no success.
I have tried setting different resolutions on armbian with h3disp.
on Debian xrandr I get "Can't open display"

Monitor recognises the cable being plugged in but just displays "No Signal Detected" and shuts off.

I have seen some people having similar problems but one of them could boot into armbian which i can not.


Hi,
Please try these two methods:
1. You can try connecting your board to a monitor with DVI interface with an HDMI to DVI cable

2. Please use a monitor which has an HDMI interface

If there are not useful , please connect a serial cable to read the kernel log information which prints hdmi i2c error.
thank you!
Bilaz wrote:
Hello,
I have tried running debian and armbian. I can log in via ssh but I have tried two different monitors with no success.
I have tried setting different resolutions on armbian with h3disp.
on Debian xrandr I get "Can't open display"

Monitor recognises the cable being plugged in but just displays "No Signal Detected" and shuts off.

I have seen some people having similar problems but one of them could boot into armbian which i can not.



We didn't try you said the armbian, please try the FriendlyElec's ROM and we can check it if you can't success.

Thank you

Mindee
Hello,
I have the same problem as Bob, but I've used the Debian OS of frendly arm.

The monitor is connected with HDMI-DVI cable.

Have you a idea?

Renato
renato wrote:
Hello,
I have the same problem as Bob, but I've used the Debian OS of frendly arm.

The monitor is connected with HDMI-DVI cable.

Have you a idea?

Renato


Hi, Renato

Some HDMI-DVI converter is not compatible, it's better to connect a display device directly.

Thank you

-- Mindee
Hi Mindee,
thank you for your answer.
I am currently no monitor with hdmi input.
I have started the board now with Armbian and at the same time appears Armbian kernelboot information on the monitor. Shortly thereafter the monitor again no signal. Presumably when the desktopscreen is output.

Do you have another idea?
Possibly another screen resolution set?

geetings
Renato
renato wrote:
Hi Mindee,
thank you for your answer.
I am currently no monitor with hdmi input.
I have started the board now with Armbian and at the same time appears Armbian kernelboot information on the monitor. Shortly thereafter the monitor again no signal. Presumably when the desktopscreen is output.

Do you have another idea?
Possibly another screen resolution set?

geetings
Renato



Hi,

I have no other suggestion for now, Generally it will take a long time to find and resolve such issue.

Thank you

-- Mindee

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 2865 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:27 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests