Today, after a little more than a year, we are happy to release H3Droid version 1.3.5!H3Droid 1.3.5
includes some long awaited bug fixes and a few new features. What makes H3droid special?
- Plenty of H3 boards supported (and the rest should require simple reconfiguration)
- Universal native installer (only 176MB for fully working system, no need for windows)
- Mainline uboot
- Changed partition layout
- Support for different usb-wifi dongles:
- realtek: 8188/8192cu, 8188eu, 8812/8821au
- ralink: 5370 and similar
- mediatek: 7601u
- broadcom: 6212
- Touchscreens: compatible with usbtouchscreen.ko and few i2c/spi
- Custom video modes in native resolution: 800x480 1024x600 1024x768 1280x1024 1360x768
- H3resc: custom recovery, configuration and updating system
- Working powermenu (reboot/poweroff)
- /data/rc.local for user customizable init
- ssh server with key access
- Virtual kb disabled when using physical kb
- Support for installing and dual booting Armbian
- micropython, i2c/spi kernel modules enabled for tinkering
- gps modules can be made working with user helpNew / Fixed / Changed in H3Droid version 1.3.5
: fex/uboot for: beelink x2, sunvell r69 and libretech h3/h2+ (tritium)
: Vendor_0079_Product_0006.kl (cheap noname/rebranded DragonRise gamepads)
: 'menu' command to h3resc (to run menu via ssh)
: enabled kernel modules: hid-multitouch, hid-dragonrise, hid-acrux, hid-greenasia, hid-samsung, hid-ntrig, hid-holtek, ads7846_device (loader), w1
: kernel: added lz4 support
: wip/crashing: new video mode: 2560x1600
: h2+/512M combo cma alloc (h3droid can now work on libretech h2+ and opi0(256M) boards)
: fix for black screen on boot (uboot phase is black now)
: 0eef:0005 touchscreen fix, should work now (after loading usbtouchscreen module)
: purge BT state on upgrades
: armbian links in h3resc
: ralink wifi driver with some new ids
: bluez to 5.50
: bionic's tzdata (thanks to zazir, Moscow is now in the current time zone +3 instead of +4)
: enabled s_cir0 (IR) in opilite fex by default
: swapped long and short actions on power button (short press to call power menu, long to sleep)
: cut down logcat/serial verbosity a bit
: busybox: updated to 1.29.2, enabled selinux support
: removed default youtube.apk, api changed and kitkat's one doesnt work anymore. You can install it after upgrading Google Play Services.
: kernel: disabled OABI compat, switched to NOOP disk scheduler
: init.rc insmods default-rtc.ko and default-touchscreen.ko, create a symlink in /vendor/modules/ if you want to make use of it
: disabled sst_storage.ko
: few tiny changes to h3resc/h3ii
: moved menu numbers to make them visible on cvbs overscan
: update should preserve some configurable files now
: added tools/uboot-h3_video_helper to report new/exotic modelines
: renamed item 53 to "ADDONS and TWEAKS" and added:
- change swap size
- toggle osk always on
- reworked menu and moved some items into (53) sub menu
- LibreELEC-H3 installation and boot option
Please check out the 'How it Looks
' page as the layout has changed a bit!
We encourage all users to also re-read the updated H3ii
pages as some of the options have changed!
Also, take a moment to check out our blog
, we will be making more posts there as time goes on!
If you have time to be an development build tester we would welcome you to come by our IRC channel
#H3droid on Freenode IRC network and get in touch with us.
We are happy to provide development access to those who have time to go through the image and provide useful feedback.
We have added a development channel to auto-update in H3resc for those who participate, however, it is a hidden option which you will need to come chat with us to get!
As always, please feel free to provide feedback here on the forum, on our feedback form
or come chat with us on IRC in #H3Droid on Freenode!Thanks again to everyone who has provided their time and support to H3Droid!
If you LIKE or LOVE H3Droid and want to give back but don't have the time to help, donate to our developers