Power & Source of Big Ideas

NanoHat PCM5102A sounds like junk!

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I did not have the pin's to plug it in to my NanoPi NEO. But I order some from Jameco. Solder them in and play music and it sounds like speakers are in a can! Or some back grounds sounds are very low. Hardly can hear them.

I think something is wrong with this NanoHat PCM5102A board.

Is there a way can test it out. I don't think it's the NanoPI NEO.

I guess I could send the hole thing back the music sounds very bad.

-Raymond Day
Raymond Day wrote:
I did not have the pin's to plug it in to my NanoPi NEO. But I order some from Jameco. Solder them in and play music and it sounds like speakers are in a can! Or some back grounds sounds are very low. Hardly can hear them.

I think something is wrong with this NanoHat PCM5102A board.

Is there a way can test it out. I don't think it's the NanoPI NEO.

I guess I could send the hole thing back the music sounds very bad.

-Raymond Day



How do you play with that? In my situation it works great. here is my step:
#apt-get install moc
#mocp

and then select a flac file to play.

-- Mindee
I did what you said and it still sound like junk! I downloaded a free FLAC song it seem to play good but never hard it before.

So I got the 1st CD I could find were I would know what the song sounds like. Disney Tangled When will my life begin. Used Windows Exact Audio Copy to made the one song from CD to FLAC. Copied to to /root of my NanoPi Net with the HAT.

It started out good but when she starts to sing it can hardly hear it!

FLAC musci on the command line.jpg
FLAC musci on the command line.jpg (42.53 KiB) Viewed 969 times


Maybe I can upload a little sample let me see.

Using a Philips voice tracer with the mic in right from the hat board. Recording it now. Will see if can upload a little part of it.

Like they say a pitcher is worth a 1000 words I think can say the same with this.

Error
Invalid file extension: Tangled.mp3


Put it on my Google drive here.

It recorded it a little loud but I think you can tell how it sounds. I was playing this with the FLAC file too. Used Audacity to cut that little clip out.

Have this same hat board but on a NanoPi air and it plays very good music. It's the same set up too.

-Raymond Day
Raymond Day wrote:
I did what you said and it still sound like junk! I downloaded a free FLAC song it seem to play good but never hard it before.

So I got the 1st CD I could find were I would know what the song sounds like. Disney Tangled When will my life begin. Used Windows Exact Audio Copy to made the one song from CD to FLAC. Copied to to /root of my NanoPi Net with the HAT.

It started out good but when she starts to sing it can hardly hear it!

FLAC musci on the command line.jpg


Maybe I can upload a little sample let me see.

Using a Philips voice tracer with the mic in right from the hat board. Recording it now. Will see if can upload a little part of it.

Like they say a pitcher is worth a 1000 words I think can say the same with this.

Error
Invalid file extension: Tangled.mp3


Put it on my Google drive here.

It recorded it a little loud but I think you can tell how it sounds. I was playing this with the FLAC file too. Used Audacity to cut that little clip out.

Have this same hat board but on a NanoPi air and it plays very good music. It's the same set up too.

-Raymond Day



I don't know the reason, How many NanoPi NEO do you have? Every one hardly hear the sing?

-- Mindee
I don't know the reason ether. I guess something is bad on the NanoHat. I have one more NanoHat on a NanoPi Air. It sounds good.

I thinking taking a heat gun on this NanoHat board for a little bit. Maybe all the pins did not get solder down on the chip. That's about what it seems like not all the sounds are getting out.

-Raymond Day
Wow I just switch the PCM5102A board with my NanoPI NEO to the NanoPi Air and it sounds very good on the air and the other one works real good on the NanoPi NEO. I will just leave them switched.

Not sure what was wrong. But the sound is very good now that I swap them from the NEO to Air.

-Raymond Day
Just found out why. It was the cable! The Female 3.5mm to 2 Male RCA that came with this NanoHat PCM5102A. I moved the Female 3.5mm plug around and got it to sound right but just touching it can make it sound bad again.

Wow neat found out what was wrong.

It sounds good now.

-Raymond Day
Raymond Day wrote:
Just found out why. It was the cable! The Female 3.5mm to 2 Male RCA that came with this NanoHat PCM5102A. I moved the Female 3.5mm plug around and got it to sound right but just touching it can make it sound bad again.

Wow neat found out what was wrong.

It sounds good now.

-Raymond Day



That's good, I use it too, but no such issue.

--Mindee

Who is online

In total there are 11 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 825 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:18 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests