Power & Source of Big Ideas

squeezebox server

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I am unable to either install or compile squeezebox server. I tried both builds, the 4.X and 3.X and even the DietPi image. When I try to run squeezeboxserver I get the following error message:
The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name
I've nstalled the modules and requirements for lms but i still get those same errors.
When I try to compile it from scratch, I get an libjpeg error.

Anyone have instructions on how to get squeezebox server up and running on the Neo2

Thanks in advance.
morpheusav wrote:
I am unable to either install or compile squeezebox server. I tried both builds, the 4.X and 3.X and even the DietPi image. When I try to run squeezeboxserver I get the following error message:
The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name
I've nstalled the modules and requirements for lms but i still get those same errors.
When I try to compile it from scratch, I get an libjpeg error.

Anyone have instructions on how to get squeezebox server up and running on the Neo2


Don't know if they works: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Debian_Package
It does work on the Debian Image from Armbian and DietPi, but I cannot get it to install on the Ubuntu Image. The problem with both the Armbian and DietPi is they don't have support for the 5102A Audio Hat.
morpheusav wrote:
It does work on the Debian Image from Armbian


According to this:
https://forum.armbian.com/topic/9009-in ... nline-4xx/
it works. I don't have this hat to test.

morpheusav wrote:
but I cannot get it to install on the Ubuntu Image.


That is the main reason why Armbian comes in Ubuntu and Debian taste. It is pointless to waste time finding troubles on this level. Just proceed with what works.

morpheusav wrote:
and DietPi


Dietpi is re-pack of stock FA image - there are no changes below user space. They add bash (calling home installer) scripts, remove some packages they think nobody needs them - like man pages, play around security ...
igorp wrote:
morpheusav wrote:
It does work on the Debian Image from Armbian


According to this:
https://forum.armbian.com/topic/9009-in ... nline-4xx/
it works. I don't have this hat to test.

I tried these steps with modification for Neo2 but couldn't get it to work. If someone got it to work, please share instructions.
morpheusav wrote:
but I cannot get it to install on the Ubuntu Image.


That is the main reason why Armbian comes in Ubuntu and Debian taste. It is pointless to waste time finding troubles on this level. Just proceed with what works.

The problem is that FriendlyElec puts out an Ubuntu image that supports the Audio Hat but doesn't support logitech media server.

Armbian and DietPi put out images that support logitech media server and not the Audio Hat.

In this case proceeding with what works is not an option since both only offer half solutions.

Can FriendlyElec put out an Debian image that supports the Audio Hat? The NAS Debian image is really not very useful for things other than a NAS.
morpheusav wrote:
igorp wrote:
morpheusav wrote:
It does work on the Debian Image from Armbian


According to this:
https://forum.armbian.com/topic/9009-in ... nline-4xx/
it works. I don't have this hat to test.

I tried these steps with modification for Neo2 but couldn't get it to work. If someone got it to work, please share instructions.


This is your only way. Keep trying.
morpheusav wrote:
The problem with both the Armbian and DietPi is they don't have support for the 5102A Audio Hat.


but YOU can enable armbian to support the 5102A Audio-Hat :) with my instructions :)
My Neo can use it!
https://forum.armbian.com/topic/9009-in ... nline-4xx/

Code: Select all

Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.69 stable Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.19.13-sunxi
package bsp-kernel[5.70] u-boot[5.70] dtb[5.70] firmware[5.69] config[5.69]

Linux npi-neo 4.19.13-sunxi #5.70 SMP Fri Jan 11 21:40:58 +03 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

root@npi-neo(192.168.6.25):~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: I2Smaster [I2S-master], device 0: 1c22000.i2s-pcm5102a-hifi pcm5102a-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Codec [H3 Audio Codec], device 0: CDC PCM Codec-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Who is online

In total there are 31 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 2865 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:27 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests