Power & Source of Big Ideas

Nanopi NEO+NAS npi-config unable to determinate

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi guys im a ultra noob in this, so i have some troubles...i buy a nanopi neo+nas, burn the image in SD, and all work fine for a few days, then all services shut down and never start again... so i have to re-burn the image and start all over again, i think that i need to expand all size in SD card and use SSH and use npi-config ... but says:

root@nanopi:~# sudo npi-config
Not found /etc/friendlyelec-release, Unable to determine the board model.

but when i use : root@nanopi:~# sudo gpio -v readall

gpio version: 2.20
Copyright (c) 2012-2014 Gordon Henderson
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details type: gpio -warranty

NanoPi Details:
Type: NanoPi-NEO, Revision: 0, Maker: FriednlyELEC

this appears... i dont know whats happend im using nanopi-neo_debian-nas-jessie_4.11.2_20171102 for nas

omv works fine a few days but then... stops, first stops access by SMB, so i enter by IP, then fails and never gets IP again...

if i do something wrong please guide me, thanks have a nice day.
Kyuubrand wrote:
Hi guys im a ultra noob in this, so i have some troubles...i buy a nanopi neo+nas, burn the image in SD, and all work fine for a few days, then all services shut down and never start again... so i have to re-burn the image and start all over again, i think that i need to expand all size in SD card and use SSH and use npi-config ... but says:

root@nanopi:~# sudo npi-config
Not found /etc/friendlyelec-release, Unable to determine the board model.

but when i use : root@nanopi:~# sudo gpio -v readall

gpio version: 2.20
Copyright (c) 2012-2014 Gordon Henderson
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details type: gpio -warranty

NanoPi Details:
Type: NanoPi-NEO, Revision: 0, Maker: FriednlyELEC

this appears... i dont know whats happend im using nanopi-neo_debian-nas-jessie_4.11.2_20171102 for nas

omv works fine a few days but then... stops, first stops access by SMB, so i enter by IP, then fails and never gets IP again...

if i do something wrong please guide me, thanks have a nice day.


Use Stretch image:
https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-neo/
install OMV from armbian-config

In case you still face instabilities set fixed (MIN=MAX) CPU frequency in /etc/default/cpufrequency following by reboot.
I do that and... wont boot... i'll try using another SD and a low format
Kyuubrand wrote:
I do that and... wont boot... i'll try using another SD and a low format


What about readings some docs?
http://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/
https://forum.armbian.com/forum/2-common-issues/
well.. still the same problem... i think that my board have a problem, because install in a new SD, works fine 3-4 days and never work again...i try the ambiam image but wont star... so i dont know...:/
Kyuubrand wrote:
well.. still the same problem... i think that my board have a problem, because install in a new SD, works fine 3-4 days and never work again...i try the ambiam image but wont star... so i dont know...:/


Won't start? Can you get some serial console logs to see why it doesn't?

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 102 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:42 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests