Power & Source of Big Ideas

Building a kernel for NanoPC-T3

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I’m trying to make my own kernel for NanoPC-T3 using the source from FA’s github. Both eMMC system and SD card system have no files in /boot while GRUB not installed. Config finished and kernel compiled, I installed GRUB2 and ran update-grub, it seemed succeed but no change after reboot. How should I use my own kernel? :?:
CodeNemo wrote:
I’m trying to make my own kernel for NanoPC-T3 using the source from FA’s github. Both eMMC system and SD card system have no files in /boot while GRUB not installed. Config finished and kernel compiled, I installed GRUB2 and ran update-grub, it seemed succeed but no change after reboot. How should I use my own kernel? :?:


There is no grub. If you want 100% working solution, https://github.com/armbian/build

Download:

https://www.armbian.com/nanopc-t3/
or for 2Gb/eMMC model
https://www.armbian.com/nanopc-t3-plus/

Most likely you will not need to recompile anything.
igorp wrote:

There is no grub. If you want 100% working solution, https://github.com/armbian/build

Download:

https://www.armbian.com/nanopc-t3/
or for 2Gb/eMMC model
https://www.armbian.com/nanopc-t3-plus/

Most likely you will not need to recompile anything.

Thanks! I would like a kernel supporting IPTables and Net Bridge, but the FA Ubuntu’s one seems not, so I tried. :D
This is the kernel config file for those builds: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/m ... ext.config

If you want something that is missing and is nice to have, sent a PR https://www.armbian.com/get-involved

This way your custom kernel features are not getting overwritten at next updates.
igorp wrote:
This is the kernel config file for those builds: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/m ... ext.config

If you want something that is missing and is nice to have, sent a PR https://www.armbian.com/get-involved

This way your custom kernel features are not getting overwritten at next updates.

I would like to know where's the kernel on official Ubuntu. Thanks!
CodeNemo wrote:
igorp wrote:


Here are sources definitions for Armbian:
https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/m ... nf#L34-L35

Bugs in Armbian are present in official builds as well.

I don't want to waste your time.
igorp wrote:
CodeNemo wrote:
igorp wrote:


Here are sources definitions for Armbian:
https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/m ... nf#L34-L35

Bugs in Armbian are present in official builds as well.
Showbox iTunes Notepad++
I don't want to waste your time.

I’m trying to make my own kernel for NanoPC-T3 using the source from FA’s github. Both eMMC system and SD card system have no files in /boot while GRUB not installed. Config finished and kernel compiled, I installed GRUB2 and ran update-grub, it seemed succeed but no change after reboot. How should I use my own kernel? :?:
If you are using their sources I can't help. No idea how they put their images together ... this is ARM, there are not much standard solution and GRUB is not used at all.

If you use our build system https://github.com/armbian/build kernel packages made that way are installed with dpkg -i u-boot_or_kernel.deb ... + reboot and you are running new kernel.

Who is online

In total there are 31 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 2865 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:27 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests