Power & Source of Big Ideas

Can't connect

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi!

I just bought 2 nano pi neo 2 1gb ram, with wifi adapters. I'm a raspberry user, running on Windows.

I used etcher to burn the Ubuntucore proposed by the wiki, plugged the sd in the slot, started with the dongle. Ok, I get it it won't work that way. So I stopped it, plugged my serial to usb dongle, restarted. It stays stuck at

Image

Unplugged the nano pi, took the wifi dongle off, plugged in the rj45 cable. Doesn't appear on my router, can't find its ip. So wait, I replugged the serial in, same, stuck as above, not going anywhere.

What am I missing here?
Psycho wrote:
Hi!

I just bought 2 nano pi neo 2 1gb ram, with wifi adapters. I'm a raspberry user, running on Windows.

I used etcher to burn the Ubuntucore proposed by the wiki, plugged the sd in the slot, started with the dongle. Ok, I get it it won't work that way. So I stopped it, plugged my serial to usb dongle, restarted. It stays stuck at

Image

Unplugged the nano pi, took the wifi dongle off, plugged in the rj45 cable. Doesn't appear on my router, can't find its ip. So wait, I replugged the serial in, same, stuck as above, not going anywhere.

What am I missing here?


Is this the board you have: https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-neo-2/

Scroll down and if you have one of those Wifi adaptors, they will work. On Armbian.

For better diagnostics, you need to boot with more verbose output, verbosity=10
Hi!

I have this: http://www.friendlyarm.com/index.php?ro ... uct_id=180

Took with wifi adapter. It will work, of course, but I need to connect it, it is running headless. I can't access it to connect the wifi and there's not wpa_supplicant.conf or ssh empty file on boot support as with raspberry.

I followed this: http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index.php/NanoPi_NEO2

It made me download ubuntu core 16.04. I don't want armbian, I took nanopi because I need its tinyness and its ubuntu compatibility. The aim is installing Snips (only raspbian and ubuntu compatibility) and replace an Amazon Dot 2 core with it, to provide better privacy
Psycho wrote:
It made me download ubuntu core 16.04. I don't want armbian, I took nanopi because I need its tinyness and it's ubuntu compatibility.


Armbian is 100% Ubuntu compatible and in a far better state.

Good luck :)

You will need it.
Really? Is that the only support? A good luck?
Psycho wrote:
Really? Is that the only support? A good luck?

igorp and I are also only users like you here - we are no support members of friendlyarm.

With the UbuntuCore image from FriendlyArm is on FriendlyArm to support the OS-image they compiled.

But Igor is the owner of the forum for armbian - which is a OS in ubuntu/debian-flavour also for your board and many others.

So for UbuntuCore you only could get support from a few users (or friendlyarm-supporters) here or the big community of armbian at the armbian-forum: https://forum.armbian.com

One of the best things about armbian is that many users have boards from different brand and sometimes the problems are nearly the same as on the other brands....so you will quickly get support from more members of this forum.

But with these few here you have to have "good luck" finding someone who could could.

Maybe we could read from you in the near future at the armbian-forum....armbian is running fine on the NanoPi Neo2 :)
Yeah, this I do get, but answering a million years beside equals to not answering for me. And then wishing luck....

Anyway, no time to lose with all this, I got rid of the boards and bought another mark that should run what I need

cheers

//close
Psycho wrote:
Yeah, this I do get, but answering a million years beside equals to not answering for me. And then wishing luck....

Anyway, no time to lose with all this, I got rid of the boards and bought another mark that should run what I need

cheers

//close


I am sorry to offend you. Not my intent. I simply can't answer your specific questions. Second, we (Armbian) have a strict support procedure to reduce waisting time. If you file an issue without providing logs, you can expect to be overlooked and ignored. Remember that I have to answer your question in my private time. Why should I?

And since you care about privacy? Armbian can be built from sources and it's build procedure is regularly inspected by the community. This is how Armbian is built: https://github.com/armbian/build

Show me how Ubuntu is built. How Raspbian?
I'm not offended, but you answered yourself: You can't help, so no need to answer in the dark. There's no log I can provide I can't connect to those pesky boards.

You don't have to spend your time helping, I'm doing the same but on Discord, it's my choice. But I do not answer help seekers if I don't know, and totally not by overlooking the issue and providing an answer that has nothing to do with the original question. Remember, the original question is: Can't connect. Not what OS should I install, or if I should boot with more verbosity. I followed the official instructions and it doesn't work. It works with armbian? Good, happy for armbian users! That's not my original problem, still can't ssh using ethernet, wifi or serial

Anyway, no bad taken, have a nice weekend

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 59 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:59 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest