Power & Source of Big Ideas

SSH/VNC issues

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

After installing "s5p4418-debian-wifiap-sd4g-20170110.img" and editing wlan0 config to connect to my home network, I got my NanoPi2 connected and even assigned the same local ip as the original ip used to connect to it - 192.168.8.1.
Despite all of the above, I still can't get into it, as it is simply not replying to any pings...
Pinging 192.168.8.1 with 64 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.168.8.1
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Any suggestions would be nice. Also, when editing the rc.local i found this line:
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.8.0/24 ! -d 192.168.8.0/24 -j MASQUERADE
what does it do really?

What do I need to do to be able to SSH/VNC into it while it is on my home network?
p.s. i just saw i posted this under the hardware forum, mods please move to linux/debian subforum...
192.168.8.1 suggests to me that you still have it operating as an access point (AP). To connect to the internet you have to run:

turn-wifi-into-apmode no

Don't know about that line in rc.local, perhaps it has something to do with operating in access mode.
davef wrote:
192.168.8.1 suggests to me that you still have it operating as an access point (AP). To connect to the internet you have to run:

turn-wifi-into-apmode no

Don't know about that line in rc.local, perhaps it has something to do with operating in access mode.

as i tried to say: After turning apmode off it reboots and joins my wifi network. i just can't access it afterwards. The ip was assigned with the routers DHCP server